Monday, January 19, 2015

Amos, Kim (A Kiss to Build a Dream On)

As you all know, I rarely read romances, however, in the last 6 months I've read two. The first was a recommendation from this very author, and the second is the first foray of this very author in the genre. I feel fortunate to have read the ARC!

Admittedly, I wished the title of the novel was "Interior Design to Build a Dream On" if only because it was more interesting to me than the sex scenes. Granted, those are quite well done! It seems that at my age I'd rather read a great description of a beautifully-created room (recessed lighting! ooh! blue tables with bowls of lemons on them! aah!) than a great description of how folks are getting their rocks off. Hmm.

But that's really the great charm of these books - because I am looking forward to reading the series - that you can enjoy super fun descriptions of all kinds of relationships (friendship being key among them), interesting and heartfelt introspection from the main characters, solid and intriguing plotlines, the aforementioned romantic scenes, and bonus thrills and spills at the end. It's the best of all worlds.

Plus, so you're aware - cheese jokes. Knowing the author, she couldn't write the novel without them.

No comments: