Wednesday, December 21, 2016

Stiefvater, Maggie (Blue Lily, Lily Blue)

I really, really, really want to read the 4th and last book now. But I'm ninth on the list, so I might give in and buy this just to see how she ends it!

There's not much more to say about the 3rd volume in the series that I haven't already said. It's as entertaining (what crazy new character will come on the scene in this volume??), insightful (in terms of her deep understanding of teenager angst), funny (the late-night phone calls between Gansey and Blue are hysterical), and over-the-top (holy cats, those elk!) as the rest.

Also, has anyone noticed that this is in some ways a Romeo + Juliet tale? The forbidden and dangerous aspects of Blue and Gansey's affections for each other, that is. He calls her Jane, and his real name is Richard... Hat tip to my husband for stumbling upon this, somewhat accidentally.

No comments: